Well, the secret’s out but you’ll thank us for it. Jack Atkins’ Double-Secret Western Ribs are prepared with an unusual assortment of ingredients but somehow this recipe put Merlot and Frank’s Hot Sauce in perfect harmony. This is not a recipe you are going to want to miss, the hard boil softens the meat to fall right off the bone when finished.
Jack Atkins’ Famous Double-Secret Western Ribs Serves 8-10
- 10 lbs. Joe’s Western Ribs
- 1/4 cup merlot
- 6 dashes italian seasoning
- 6 dashes cilantro
- 6 dashes garlic salt
- 1/2 cup Big Bob Gibson BBQ
- 4 dashes Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large pot, mix all ingredients except Joe’s Western Ribs and Big Bob Gibson BBQ Sauce.
- Place Joe’s Western Ribs into pot. Add water to just barely cover ribs. Bring to a hard boil.
- Simmer Joe’s Western Ribs for 3-4 hours. Strain water off and place ribs on cookie sheet.
- Cover with Big Bob Gibson BBQ Sauce and place on grill to cook on medium heat for 1/2
Get a print ready copy here: Jack Atkins’ Famous Double-Secret Western Ribs