Roasted chicken is one of those dishes that just warms the soul, you know? The smell of the tender, juicy chicken roasting in the oven brings back memories of mom's kitchen and family dinners together. Roasted chicken is a home-cooked meal everyone loves to eat. Joe's Roasted Garlic Chicken recipe is the perfect dish to serve at family gatherings, or around the holidays. But you need to prepare your taste buds for some seriously garlic-y flavor. We'll warn you, there's a lot of garlic in this recipe. But don't let the abundance of garlic keep you from trying this chicken dish. Once the chicken is done roasting, we highly recommend you use what's left of the delicious herb mixture for a side dish. Use the leftover olive oil and garlic sauce to spread on buttery, crispy bread, or mix in with rice or potatoes. Either option will compliment the chicken nicely.
Don't forget to stop by the shop and pick up all the ingredients you'll need to whip up Joe's Roasted Garlic Chicken!
- 1 chicken, cut in half
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup whole garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Mix olive oil with rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Add garlic cloves and toss until cloves are covered.
- Place chicken halves (or whole chicken, cut up) into a large, oblong baking dish
- Pour herbed olive oil and garlic mixture over chicken and rub onto all surfaces of the chicken
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, over cloves
- Bake, uncovered for 45-55 minutes until juices run clear, or a thermometer placed in thigh reads 180° F
- Optional Instructions: brush chicken with pan drippings during last 10 minutes of roasting
- Let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving
NOTE: The garlic, when roasted takes on a sweet flavor. Spread cloves over crispy bread, or mash the cloves and mix them with rice or potatoes.