‘Tis the season for food and parties and more food. If your body needs a break from heavy, holiday favorites, turn to fresh fish. This easy to prepare salmon dish will not leave you feeling stuffed.
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1/2 large orange, juice of
- 1/2 large lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole orange, zest of
- 2 Tbl brown sugar
- 1 Tbl chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbl butter, melted
- In a shallow dish large enough to hold the salmon, combine the juices, salt and pepper. Add the salmon, turning to coat with marinade. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning the fillets once.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F OR preheat your grill to high using direct heat.
- Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and grease with a little of the melted butter. In a small dish, combine the orange zest, brown sugar, chili powder and minced garlic. Rub the marinated salmon with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place in baking pan and drizzle with the remaining melted butter. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes OR grill 6 minutes per side.
- The big challenge here is not overcooking the fillets: 8 minutes for thin fillets, less than an inch and no more than 12 minutes for thicker fillets. Joe’s “Bahian” King Salmon should just flake with a fork when done.