Sometimes you just need to take a break from steak and change up your go-to dinnertime meal. That’s where salmon comes in. It’s a great protein that is delicious whether it’s cooked or raw. However, not everyone loves their fish raw, so here’s one of our favorite salmon marinades. It’s really simple and takes very little time to prep and cook. Mix the tasty marinade in a zip lock bag and add the salmon to marinate – less dishes to wash and the salmon is immersed for better flavor. What’s not to love about that? The dishes you have to wash after the meal is over the better. For a real treat, use Wild King Salmon, available fresh for a short time each year, you will quickly understand why it’s called “king” salmon. Don’t have a grill? That’s OK. You can make this salmon recipe all year long by baking it in the oven.
Ready to get cookin’? Stop by the store or give us a call at 317-846-8877 to learn more about what’s on the menu.
Joe’s Fresh Wild-Caught Surefire Salmon
- 8 (4 oz.) fillets salmon
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 4 tbl soy sauce
- 4 tbl balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbl green onions, chopped
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place salmon fillets in a medium, non-porous glass dish.
- In a separate medium bowl combine peanut oil, soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and salt. Whisk together well.
- Pour over fish. Cover and marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours
- Grill the fillets on direct/medium heat for 10 minutes skin side down, then turn over for 1 to 2 minutes of cooking on the flesh side.
- No grill? Winter weather? Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, check for flakiness. Joe’s Surefire Salmon should just flake with a fork