Tilefish is sweet and wonderful. Many liken it to a scallop type flavor profile. It flakes nicely and is delicious! This recipe has a couple extra ingredients and steps but is still easy!
Pan Seared Tilefish with Garlic and Herbs
- 2 each 7 to 8oz Tilefish filets, skin removed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped basil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pat fish dry and season both sides to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan over medium heat melt butter.
- Once it foams lay the fish in the pan.
- Add scallions.
- Without moving the fish, tilt the pan towards you, using a spoon, ladle the scallion butter over fish.
- Baste for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently flip the filets over, reduce the pan to low heat and cover, then cook for 2 more minutes.
- Uncover the pan and add the herbs, continue basing with butter until cooked, just 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter and pour the pan sauce over the fish, then pour lemon juice over the fish.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes