Are you like me and spend untold hours glued to cooking shows? Do you imagine yourself a foodie, excited to take on new cooking challenges and embrace new flavors?This recipe will help elevate your burger style without venturing too far outside the box. You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry, go ahead, give these burgers a try and let us know what you think.
Joes’s Cajun Texas Burgers
- 1 1/3 lbs. Joe’s Premium Grind
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbl plus 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Premium Grind, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce using your hands. Divide into 4 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Lightly oil a grilling surface, and place the patties on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until well done. During the last 2 minutes, lay a slice of cheese on top of each patty. Spread the seasoned mayonnaise onto the insides of the buns. Put burgers in the buns, and top with lettuce and tomato to serve.