And the blue ribbon goes to…Joe's Baby Back Ribs.
These scrumptious ribs are easy to make and the perfect weekend meal to bring the family together. No one can resist their sweet smokey flavor, fire up the grill and the whole family will be waiting for a plateful of ribs. Check out our Pinterest page for recipes on everything from sauces to side dishes.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 lb. baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a small jar, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Close the lid, and shake to mix.
- Trim the membrane sheath from the back of each rack: run a small, sharp knife between the membrane and each rib, and snip off the membrane as much as possible. Sprinkle as much of the rub onto both sides of the ribs as desired. To prevent the ribs from becoming too dark and spicy, do not thoroughly rub the spices into the ribs. Store the unused portion of the spice mix for future use.
- Place aluminum foil on lower rack to capture drippings and prevent flare-ups. Lightly oil grate, and lay ribs on top rack of grill. Reduce heat to low, close lid, and leave undisturbed for 1 hour. Do not lift lid at all.
- Brush ribs with barbecue sauce, and grill an additional 5 minutes. Serve ribs as whole rack, or cut between each rib bone and pile individually on a platter.
- salt and pepper to taste