With the onslaught of cold weather, we’re all craving hot, hearty meals. Here’s a simple yet festive recipe for a pork roast. Homey enough for a family meal but special enough to serve for company.
Joe’s Pork Loin with Apples and Cranberries
- 2-2 1/2 lb center cut pork loin
- 2 Tbl dry Italian dressing mix (like Good Seasons®)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 Tbl orange juice
- 2 Tbl brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a small bowl, stir together dressing mix, cloves, allspice and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Rub onto all sides of pork loin.
- In a medium bowl, mix cranberries, apple juice, orange juice, brown sugar, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roast pork loin in roasting pan for 30 minutes. Arrange fruit mixture around roast, basting roast with juices. Place back into oven and bake until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 155° F (25-30 minutes). Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.