Here’s a homey, stick to your ribs kind of chicken preparation. Seems like something your great aunt would have waiting when you stop by to catch up after some time away.
Joe’s Amish Chicken Schnitzel
- 1 lb. Amish chicken cutlets
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Joe’s Spring Water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup Andy’s Chicken Seasoning, Mild
- Bound Breading:
- 1 cup Progresso bread crumbs, sifted
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbl parsley flakes
- 2 Tbl basil
- 2 Tbl Academia Barilla Olive Oil
- 2 Tbl butter
- 2 fresh lemons, quartered
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Dash ground rosemary
- Prepare the Bound Breading by mixing all the ingredients.
- Blend together water and egg (do not beat). Salt and pepper chicken cutlets. One piece at a time, place the cutlets in the Andy’s Chicken Seasoning and shake gently to remove excess seasoning. Dip entire chicken cutlet in egg mixture, drain slightly and coat with Bound Breading. Fold breading over chicken several times and press to be sure the breading adheres to cutlets, then lay on a cooling rack. Let set 15 minutes.
- In skillet, heat olive oil and butter on medium heat, and place the chicken in pan; reduce heat to low. Sauté 2 minutes on each side up to 16 minutes. The key to tenderness is cooking slowly over low heat.
- Serve with lemon wedges or add rice, noodles or your favorite sauce.