Well folks, like it or not, we have entered the long, dark days of Winter, 2015 edition. If you’re longing for a taste of summer, these Baked Island Baby Back Ribs will have you feeling like you’re at the beach!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup guava jelly (available at most supermarkets)
- Combine brown sugar and spices in a small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons spice mixture. Rub remaining spice mixture on ribs; coat well.
- Place ribs in a single layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet (17 x 11 inch) or roasting pan. Pour water into pan; cover with foil. Bake at 375° F for 1 hour, or until meat starts to pull away from bones.
- Meanwhile, combine jelly and reserved spice mixture. Brush steamed ribs with jelly mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight, if desired.
- Grill or broil 3-5 minutes per side, or until heated through and nicely browned.