This recipe elevates a simple chicken breast to a company’s coming level. If you’re lucky enough to have left-overs, the chicken will reheat nicely for lunch the next day.
Joe’s Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Raspberry Balsamic Glaze
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 3 Tbl balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2-3 Tbl olive oil
- In small bowl, mix onion, raspberry preserves, vinegar, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Pat chicken breasts dry, and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Warm olive oil in large skillet. Cook chicken over medium-high heat, 3 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add raspberry balsamic mixture to pan, scraping the crunchy bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Return chicken to skillet; spoon glaze over chicken until glaze coats nicely and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165° F.