Summer, winter, fall or spring we never get tired of these ribs. This easy-to-follow recipe walks you through the steps to make 10 servings of delicious spareribs for family and friends (or all for yourself, seriously they are that good). Simple in nature, this recipe lets the meat speak for itself. Pick your favorite barbecue sauce and whip out a wet napkin, you’re not going to want to put these down.
Joe’s Simple Barbecue Spareribs Serves 10
Joe’s Simple Barbecue Spareribs
- 5 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup your favorite barbeque sauce
- 1 Tbl minced garlic
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ribs in large skillet or roasting pan. Cover with lightly salted water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour, or until meat is tender, but not quite falling off the bone. Remove from heat, and drain.
- Place the boiled ribs in a roasting pan, and cover with sauce. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in butter until the onion is tender; remove from heat. In a blender, combine 1 cup water, vinegar, ketchup, barbeque sauce, lemon juice. Pour in the melted butter mixture, and purée for 1 minute.
- Pour into a saucepan, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Brush grill grate with oil. Grill ribs for 10 to 20 minutes, or until well browned, basting with sauce and turning frequently