It’s that time of year again. Schedule is filling up with holiday programs, grocery lists are getting longer and that to-do list is never ending. This recipe involves little prep time and will use your slow cooker to have dinner waiting after another chaotic day.
Joe’s Slow-Cooked Sirloin with Peppers
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- garlic powder to taste
- 3 Tbl vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 Tbl soy sauce
- 1 Tbl cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.