Redfish or Red Drum has a wonderful flavor profile, mild yet firm with a good flake. It’s semi sweet tasting and a bit richer than Cod or Corvina.
Celebrate Mardi Gras – Cajun Blackened Redfish
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup Italian Dressing
- 4 each, 6 oz filets red drum (Redfish)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the cayenne, black pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt and set aside.
- Dip the filets in the melted butter, then coat with the seasoning mix.
- In a large skillet (cast iron is nice!) over high heat, sear fish on each side for 2 minutes until slightly charred.
- Placed the fish in a 11x7 baking dish and pour the Italian dressing onto each filet.
- Cover and back for 30 minutes in your preheated oven.