This recipe will delight the seafood lover in your life. Easy to make and the ingredients won't send you hunting through the store for unusual items. This simple, flavorful recipe is versatile and great for any season.
Tip: If you're feeling adventurous, let the shrimp marinate in the lime sauce for an easy and fast ceviche. For those unfamiliar with ceviche, it is a seafood dish popular in the coastal regions of Latin America. The dish is typically made from fresh, raw fish cured in citrus juices, like lemon or lime, and spiced with herbs and spices.
Frank’s® Buffalo Shrimp Serves 4
- 16 Joe’s U-15 Gulf Brown/White Shrimp
- 1 bottle Frank’s® Red Hot® Chile ‘n Lime Sauce
- 2 Tbl butter
- Melt butter in large skillet at medium-low heat.
- When butter is liquid add approximately 4 ounces Frank’s® Red Hot® Chile ‘n Lime Sauce.
- Lay Joe’s Extra Jumbo Shrimp in skillet on their sides.
- Sauté for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Serve hot. Drizzle excess sauce on shrimp.
- Serve and enjoy!
- NOTE: Due to the lime in this sauce it is actually possible to allow the lime juice to “cook” the shrimp in the sauce alone for a cold appetizer. You will notice the physical change in the texture of the shrimp after approx. 30 minutes in the sauce. This is how ceviche is made.