Here's a flavorful take on flank steak using readily available ingredients, this can be set up to marinate the night before and cooked quickly the next evening. Pair it with a green salad and rice for an easy weeknight dinner.
Joe’s Argentine Flank Steak with Onion Relish
- 2 lb. flank steak
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbl green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 5 Tbl olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbl red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbl lime juice, divided
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbl jalapeno, chopped
- In bowl, mix together parsley, green onion, garlic, steak sauce, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice and cayenne pepper. Place steak in zip-top bag or shallow pan.
- Pour mixture over steak; close bag or cover pan and marinate for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- For relish, in bowl, mix onion, cilantro, jalapeno, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup of lime juice. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before cooking, discard marinade. Broil steak 4 inches from heat for 4-6 minutes per side. OR
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill, turning once, until the steak reaches a doneness of medium rare, approximately 4-6 minutes each side.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Using a slotted spoon serve relish over steak slices.
Note: Medium rare steaks will reach an internal temperature of 145° F, as measured on an