Spice up your night with this flavorful, fiery sirloin recipe. Sometimes you just have to bring the heat and barbecue sauce doesn't always cut it. The adobo sauce delivers a punch of flavor to this sirloin that you won't find in most other sauces or marinades. Try it out tonight and keep plenty of water nearby.
Adobo Sauce: Adobo sauce is a spicy sauce or sometimes a marinade that contains chili peppers, vinegar, herbs and spices. Traditionally used in Mexican cuisine, this ingredient will ignite whatever you add it to. Follow this recipe for a spicy take on the traditional sirloin. If you're really looking to spice things up add more peppers to the mix.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbl minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbl finely chopped canned
- chipotle peppers in adobo
- adobo sauce from canned
- chipotle peppers to taste
- 4 (8 oz) beef sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the limejuice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in chipotle peppers, and
- season to taste with adobo sauce.
- Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in
- a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat, and turn to coat. Cover, marinate in the
- refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat, Place steaks on grill, discard marinade. Grill 8 minutes per side or
- until done.