Setting things on fire in the kitchen is usually a bad thing, but with this recipe the flame is the best part. Entertain guests with the preparation and impress with the taste. Grab a good group of friends and a nice bottle of wine for the perfect night in. Come pick up a delicious sirloin from Joe's and while you're there take a look at our wine selection, wines and sides. We also offer pre-made options for sides and salads for those not as comfortable in the kitchen.
Joe’s Flaming Peppercorn Sirloin
- 3 Tbl crushed black peppercorns
- 2 (8 oz) beef top sirloin steaks
- 1 Tbl lemon pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbl butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 Tbl brandy
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp white sugar (optional)
- Press crushed peppercorns into both sides of each steak. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, and salt.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and wine, and cook for 1 minute. Arrange steaks in pan, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour brandy onto steaks, and carefully light with a match. Let the flames burn off. Sprinkle green onion and shallot around the steaks, and circle the steaks with cream. Cook, stirring sauce, until hot. Transfer steaks to plates. Stir sugar into sauce and then spoon over meat.