What better way to dress up a wild-caught salmon than with holiday toppings? This is one of our favorite salmon recipes, it’s perfect for entertaining, filling enough to be a winter entree, yet still a light and delicate fish dish. The light crunch of the panko breadcrumbs paired with the creamy tart flavor of the Dijon mustard makes for a delicious coating. When cut into, the beautiful flaky salmon will get your mouth watering and your tastebuds ready for the explosion of flavor this recipe packs.
Joe’s Fresh Wild-Caught Holiday Salmon
- 4 (6 oz.) fillets King Salmon
- 2 Tbl dijon mustard
- 2 Tbl butter, melted
- 1 Tbl + 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C). In a small bowl, mix together mustard, butter and honey.
- In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans and parsley.
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush
- with mustard-honey mixture. Cover the top of each fillet with Panko crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until salmon flakes
- when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.