Need a quick-to-fix meal? This baked cod is easy and flavorful. Have a picky eater on your hands? Serve this up in a taco shell, crispy or soft for a fun week night meal.
Joe’s Fresh Wild-Caught Mexican Baked Cod
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless fresh wild-caught Alaskan cod fillets (tilapia fillets may be substituted)
- 1 cup Round Barn Salsa, hot or mild
- 1 cup shredded Boar’s Head Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1 avocado; peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup Traders Point lowfat yogurt (or sour cream)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease an 8 x 12 baking dish.
- Rinse fish fillets under cold water, pat dry with paper towels. Lay fillets side by side in the prepared baking dish. Pour the salsa over the top, and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese. Top with crushed corn chips.
- Bake uncovered in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes with a fork. Serve topped with sliced avocado and sour cream or yogurt.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes