Are you aware of the Italian-American tradition of the Feast of the Seven Fishes? Many families eat a Christmas Eve dinner of multiple courses of seafood. This clam dish is an easy way to incorporate a new tradition within your family. The hardest part of this recipe is halving the clams.
Joe’s Parmesan Little Neck Clams
- 24 Little Neck Clams
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tbl Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
- 3 Tbl bacon fat
- 1 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- Malt vinegar
- Half-shell the clams and set them aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet over high heat, render the bacon fat. Sprinkle a generous coating of the flour mixture over all the clams and carefully place them flesh side down, using a spoon, into the fat. Cook for about two minutes and remove to serving plates flesh side up. Top them with fresh parsley and malt vinegar.