Joe’s Reserve Grilled Marinated Brisket recipe is the best way to highlight the delicious brisket with a kick of cayenne pepper for flavor. This recipe tells you everything you need to know to prepare this brisket to be perfectly tender and juicy. Follow these directions carefully and be sure to watch your grill temperature, you can easily overcook the meat and lose some of the tenderness.
Joe’s Reserve Grilled Marinated Brisket Serves 8-10
- 3 Tbl vegetable oil
- 10 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbl hot-pepper sauce
- 2 Tbl ketchup
- 2 Tbl dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 6 lb. Joe’s Reserve Beef Brisket
- Heat oil in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook for 8 minutes or until softened. Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, hot sauce, ketchup, mustard, and cayenne. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes or until cooled.
- Place meat in roasting pan. Brush both sides of meat with sauce, spooning any remaining sauce on top. Cover. Refrigerate over night.To grill: Heat grill to 220° F. Using indirect heat grill covered 2 hours. Reduce heat to 180° to 200° F and cook 3 hours or until fork tender.
- Watch this one as setting your grill temperature and using indirect heat can be a bit tricky!Slice meat against the grain, serve with your favorite barbeque sauce for dipping on a Breadsmith Hogie Bun!