A versatile way to combine all the flavors and textures of fondue without the effort and equipment. By using easily melted Boar’s Head White American Cheese you can create a dip or sauce to top anything from chicken and shrimp to your favorite vegetables. It’s decadent and similar to a fondue experience. Boar’s Head products at Joe’s are the highest quality at a great price. Plus, you can have it freshly sliced to your preference. The brightness of Sweety Drop peppers and Brussels sprouts makes this dish pop. Sweety Drop peppers come from Peru and originated in the Peruvian Amazon jungle and now are available on our shelves. They are a cross between a jalapeño pepper and a cherry tomato. Tear dropped little gems give an unexpected bit of acid and sweetness. Delicious whole shrimp add a crunchy element. The head surprisingly brings a lot of flavor, too.
Joe’s Way Chicken & Shrimp Fondue
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 lb Boars Head white American cheese
- 4 head-on shrimp
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 4.3 oz jar Sweety Drop peppers
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet with raised edges. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for twenty minutes. Roasting vegetables is a good technique for just about any vegetables as it bring out the richness in flavor.
- Rinse shrimp for about a minute under cold water to ensure all sand or grit has been washed away. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- Heat a half pound block of cheese in a small pot on low heat. Stir occasionally and add black pepper. The cheese can stay on low until you are ready to plate and serve. Sprinkle salt and pepper and whatever choice of dry herbs you have on all sides of chicken pieces. Heat skillet to medium heat and add olive. Place chicken cutlets into skillet and sear about five minutes on each side until lightly browned. Add shrimp. Cook until the shrimp begin to curl and turn orange. The heads will be red and no black left but for the eyes. Cook about one minute per each side.
- To plate, lay one chicken cutlet and top with warm creamy white American cheese. Place whole shrimp, Brussels sprouts and Sweety Drop peppers over the sauce.
This recipe comes from: Emily Frye – Food On The Monon